Welcome

 

To my readers:

Nozomi is a Japanese name that can be translated into English as hope, desire and anticipation. When naming me, my parents shortened it to Zomi. 

My hope for you in following content here is that you will connect with your desires, and that you will anticipate a brilliant future. I hope that you are able to rest here and also become filled with the fire that sparks change. 

In living as a mother, poet, doula, healthcare advocate, and lover of social activism, I have chosen a wild path of co-creation. I have also found -- rather uncomfortably at times -- that while sometimes we must trailblaze, we must also rest and allow the flowers to bloom.

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled and Unsure: Phases of Parenting and Becoming

Centering Women of Size in Birth - "Talk to me, not at me"

Surviving and Thriving a Pregnant Summer (and a little bit on climate change)